A tutorial on shearing brass and nickle silver.
|We Buy Used HOm Engines|
Very Used Is Fine. Click If You Have Something To Sell
|An Interesting Approach|
How To Make Money Blogging
|For Scenery Freaks|
Watch An Easy Way To Build Your Own Low Cost Static Grass Applicator
Learn How To Start Your Own Drop Shipping Business.
|Get Models And More|
Click Here And Then On For Modelers When You Get There
The video below shows how to accomplish these specific steps.
How To Shear Brass
- Prepare Breaker Bars
- Color Edge Of Brass Sheet Black With Felt Tip Pen
- Set Dividers To Desired Width Of Sheared Piece
- Using Dividers, Score Line In Black
- Deep Score Along Line With Scoring Tool
- Set Sheet In Breaker Bars And Flex Until It Fatigue Cracks
Using this technique we are able to shear brass strips from .1 mm brass sheet into 3 mm ho scale wide pieces.
Thicker materials, being more difficult to fatigue crack in breaker bars, have a wider ho scale minimum width. Be sure to watch our videos on working brass in our YouTube Channel