How to make sponge flock for diorama and model railroad trees, bushes and scenery.
Buying flock can be very expensive. Y0u can save a lot of money by making your own from sponge.
You can use flock that you make to make clusters which are more expensive yet.
How To Make Flock
- Cut a sponge into small pieces.
- Put pieces into a blender.
- Add water to half cover the sponge.
- Blend. Adjust water so that you get a smoothly blending slurry.
- Drain and allow to dry.
- Color with acrylic paint.
The video below shows the process of making your own flock graphically.
Video is in final edit. It will be up shortly.
Here are more videos on scenery techniques.
We hope that you found the information in this page useful. The internet is all about getting and giving. And giving back is the best. Please donate $1 or more to aid us in our continuing quest to add to and polish the information in our site.