The ride on the historic railway starts in Płociczno-Tartak and runs through the picturesque forests of the Augustów Forest and the Wigry National Park, right on the shore of the extraordinary Lake Wigry.
A link to their website in Polish. Wigierska Kolejka Wąskotorowa w Płocicznie–
The essentials in English are below.
A trip on the Wigry Narrow-Gauge Railway
Deadline: spring, summer, autumn, winter.
Departures from Płociczna Tartak 40
The train starts regularly after the winter break from 27/04/2019
– 27/04/2019 – 05/04/2019 – every day at 10:00 and 13:00
– in May, from 05/05/2019 – everyday at 13:00
– in June – everyday at 10:00 and 13:00
– in July and August – daily at 10:00, 13:00 and 16:00
– in September – daily at 13:00
– in other months – by prior arrangement
1. Arrival to Płociczna Tartak 40.
2. A ride on the historic narrow-gauge railway around the Augustów Forest and the Wigry National Park. In 1991 it was entered into the register of monuments as a valuable technical product and as one of the longest functioning forest railways in Poland.
3. Binduga stop, first vantage point on the funicular route. It is located on the high shore of Lake Wigry, from where there is a wonderful view of the picturesque bay.
4. Second stop – Bartny Dół nad Wigry. The nearby marina offers a beautiful panorama with the largest lake islands in Poland: Ordów and Ostrów.
5. The Krusznik destination station, formerly a large timber depot, today the main stop on the route, there is the “Green Tavern”, a place of entertainment and integration feasts. After a half-hour stop in the meadow by the complex of old-growth forest trees, he sets off on his way back to Płociczna.
6. Poviat, observation stop over Wigry, which can be admired from the pier or from the high lake shore. Former scout camp, now a stop adapted to longer stops, another place for recreation and bonfires.
7. Return to Płociczna
We hope that you found the information in this page useful. The internet is all about getting and giving. And giving back is the best. Please donate $1 or more to aid us in our continuing quest to add to and polish the information in our site.